Hymns have always been apart of my life. Growing up in a traditional church, these priceless gems were sung every Sunday. In fact, there were some tunes that could have been on autoplay for the following Sunday. We knew that “Blessed Assurance” was on page 315, and “Learning to Lean” on page 643. My siblings and I would make up our own words to these religious songs. Here are some other familiar chants where the words may have been changed or misheard.
- “Bringing in the Sheets, Bringing in the Sheets“….
- “Learning to Sleep...learning to sleep”
- “Blessed Insurance, Jesus Is Mine”
- “I’ve got the piece of pie of understanding..Down in My Heart!”
- “Love Lipton Tea, Love Lipton Tea!”
Ok, now before I get called on the carpet on this, you know what I’m talking about. If you are a preacher’s kid, and was raised in a church with…
View original post 740 more words